This is a great version of the other popular don-dishes like Gyu-don and Oyako-don
• 6 tempura king prawns or tempura of your choice
• 2/3 cup dashi
• 1 tbsp soy sauce
• 1 tbsp mirin
• 1 tsp caster sugar
• 2 bowls of warmed cooked rice
1. Prepare tempura. See Recipe How to Make Japanese Tempura
2. Combine all the ingredients for sauce in a saucepan and bring to the boil over a high heat.
3. Turn down heat to a simmer and gently simmer for 3 minutes.
4. Place the warm rice in each bowl, and top with tempura followed by the sauce.
Easy To Follow Steps To Create Over 108 Top Japanese Recipes!