|Image from Blue Lotus|
This is one of our family favourites and is really tasty with all those great Japanese mushrooms like Enoki and Shitake.
Makes approx 4 cups cooked rice
• 2 cups short grain rice
• 2 cups dashi
• 1 Tbsp sake
• 1 Tbsp light soy sauce
• 4 fresh shitake mushrooms
• 1 packet of enoki mushrooms
• 4 oyster mushrooms
1. See preparation of rice outlined earlier How to Prepare Japanese Rice
2. Place rice in saucepan.
3. Add dashi, sake, soy sauce and mushrooms.
4. Bring to the boil with the lid on and then simmer for 14 minutes.
5. Remove the saucepan from the heat and leave to rest with lid on for 5-10 minutes.
6. Before serving, gently turn the rice over with a moistened rice paddle to allow excess moisture to escape as steam.
Easy To Follow Steps To Create Over 108 Top Japanese Recipes!