Cooking Time: 10 mins
• 1kg chicken thigh fillets, cut into 3cm pieces
• 8 green onions, cut into 3cm lengths
• ¾ cup dark soy sauce
• 6 tablespoons cooking saki
• 3 tablespoons mirin
• 2 tablespoons caster sugar
• bamboo skewers
• steamed rice, to serve
1. Soak skewers in cold water for 15 minutes. Drain.
2. Combine soy sauce, saki, mirin and sugar in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 5 minutes or until sauce has reduced and thickened slightly. Allow to cool completely.
3. Thread chicken and onions onto skewers. Place onto a plate. Brush with sauce.
4. Preheat grill on medium-high heat until hot. Grill skewers, basting with sauce, for 6 to 8 minutes or until cooked through. Serve with rice.
Easy To Follow Steps To Create Over 108 Top Japanese Recipes!