Japan Australia Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Travel Visa to Japan

You will need a valid passport and if your country has an agreement with Japan which includes most Western nations then you do not require a visa as you can obtain landing permission on arrival without a visa. This is usually good for a stay of up to 90 days, although certain European nationalities are permitted to stay for 180 days if they note a longer stay upon entry. In some cases you might also be asked to prove that you intend to return to your home country, which can be done via a return plane ticket. You are also required to complete an immigration card, which is usually handed out on the flight be landing and must be handed in at customs upon entry.

Once in Japan, you must carry your passport with you at all times. All foreigners (except those on government business) over the age of 16 are electronically fingerprinted and photographed as part of immigration entry procedures into Japan. This may also be followed by a short interview conducted by the immigration officer. Refusual to any of these procedures will mean denied entry to Japan.

Travellers entering Japan for longer than 90 days are required to obtain a Certificate of Alien Registration within 90 days of arrival. The ARC or gaijin card as it is known must be carried with you at all times in lieu of your passport. This card must be surrendered upon exit from Japan, unless you hold a re-entry permit.

The Secrets Of Speaking Japanese Fluently

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This via Social Media

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...