It is a very popular item served by some of Japan`s fast food restaurants and is easy to make at home.
Cooking Time: 7-8 mins
Makes 4 servings
• 6-8 cups hot cooked rice
• 225g thinly sliced beef
• 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
• 3 tbsp vegetable oil
• 2 tbsp fresh ginger juice
• 1 cup water
• 1/3 cup dark soy sauce
• 1/3 cup mirin
1. Boil plain white rice
2. In a large frying pan, heat vegetable oil over a high heat
3. Cook the onion for a few minutes until soft
4. Add the beef slices and cook for another minute or until the meat is no longer red
5. Mix the ingredients for the sauce together and add sauce to pan
6. Continue to cook for another minute and then remove from heat
7. Stir in the ginger juice
8. To serve, put portions of hot rice 1.5 to 2 cups per serve into individual donburi bowls and cover with cooked beef and onions.
In Japan, a lot of people like to eat their gyudon with pickled ginger and top it with a lightly beaten raw egg mixed into the rice.
Easy To Follow Steps To Create Over 108 Top Japanese Recipes!