Below is a step by step Recipe to make Traditional Japanese Sushi Rice
• 3 cups short-grain rice
• 4 cups water
• 5 Tbsp rice vinegar
• 5 Tbsp sugar
• 4 tsp sea salt
1. Rinse the rice in a strainer or colander until the water runs clear.
2. Put rice in medium-sized saucepan with 4 cups of water.
3. Wipe kombu clean with a damp cloth and place on top of rice in water.
4. Cover and heat over medium heat until boiling.
5. Remove kombu and discard. Reduce heat to very low and cook for 20 minutes or until all the water has been absorbed.
6. Turn off heat and let the rice stand with the cover on for 10 minutes.
7. Have the vinegar dressing already prepared during this time. Dissolve the sugar and salt in the vinegar over a low heat.
8. Cool the vinegar dressing to room temperature.
9. Using a flat wooden spoon or shamoji, spread the hot rice in a thin layer in a wide and shallow wooden or plastic bowl (hangiri). To keep the grains separate, toss the rice with horizontal cutting strokes (this will avoid mashing the rice).
10. While tossing the rice, sprinkle vinegar dressing generously over the rice. You may not need to use all of it (be careful not to add too much liquid as the rice becomes mashy).
11. Cool the rice to room temperature.
Easy To Follow Steps To Create Over 108 Top Japanese Recipes!