• 150g chicken breast
• 1 tbsp mirin
• a few drops vegetable oil
• 1 brown onion, sliced
• 1 spring onion, sliced diagonally
• 2 eggs, beaten
• 2 bowls cooked rice
• 3 tbsp light soy sauce
• 1 tbsp caster sugar
• 1 tbsp sake
• 70ml dashi
1. Cut the chicken breast into bite-sized pieces and marinate with mirin.
2. Make the dashi mixture by heating soy sauce, caster sugar, sake and dashi in a saucepan, set aside.
3. Pour a little of the oil in a frying pan and stir-fry chicken until cooked through.
4. Add onion and stir until lightly brown. Add spring onion and cook for a further minute.
5. Add dashi mixture and bring to the boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
6. Pour beaten eggs over the simmering mixture. Set over low heat until the egg is just cooked.
7. Place a portion of the hot rice into each bowl and slide half of the chicken and egg topping over the rice in each bowl.
• For a slight variation you can top with either tempura or pork cutlet
Easy To Follow Steps To Create Over 108 Top Japanese Recipes!