Japan Australia Pages

Friday, December 16, 2011

Japan Picture of the Week Kinkakuji Temple Surrounds Kyoto

This week’s Japan Picture of the Week is a shot of the surrounds of Kinkakuji Temple in Kyoto, Japan.

Kinkakuji Temple (金閣寺)Temple of the Golden Pavilion is one of Japan’s best known sites. The original building was constructed in 1397 as the retirement villa for shogun Ashikaga Yoshimitsu.


This picture was taken on the way to the Temple and highlights the grounds, which were built to illustrate a harmony between heaven and earth.

Surrounds of Kinkakuji Temple in Kyoto Japan


4 comments:

  1. It's lovely. Thanks for sharing a great photo and a great site to visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lina, the whole complex is so beautiful and it is one of my favourite places to visit in Kyoto :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's sofia from from-japan-with-love.blogspot.com For some reason I can't post a comment unless I'm "anonymous". Anyway....I've been in Japan for more than 13 years and I have never been to Kyoto! Hard to believe, right? I want to go and your picture really makes me want to go but most of my holidays are also when other people have holidays and I figure it would be packed with too many tourists. I'm just going to have to go and deal with all the other people. Which season is better...spring or late fall?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sofia, you should be able to login with your Google account. I usually comment by using my Google account, which you can sign in at the bottom.
    It could be your browser as well as I've had trouble with IE before but no probs with Firefox.

    It is hard to believe you have never been to Kyoto before. It is a beautiful place to visit. Spring is probably the best time to see it with the cherry blossoms, but is the peak tourist time, so expect lots of crowds. I also love Fall which is spectacular with the fall colours and usually less crowded than spring.

    Good luck and hope you can pay Kyoto a visit one day soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Share This via Social Media

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...