The festival is a lot of fun and is filled with Japan-related performances, exhibitions, activities, stalls and plenty of delicious Japanese food.
Some of the many attractions you can see at the festival include:
- Martial Arts Demonstrations (Judo, Kendo, Aikido, Iaijutsu)
- Taiko Drumming
- Japanese Folk Dance
- Traditional Japanese Folk Songs
- Ikebana (Flower Arranging)
- Tea Ceremony
- Bonsai Tree Displays
- Japanese Pottery
• 2013 WINNER - The City of West Torrens Community Event of the Year Award
• 2013 WINNER - The Australia Day Council of South Australia Community Event of the Year Award
Come along for a fun day for the whole family at this unique community event.
What: Kodomo no Hi Japan Festival
When: Sunday, 1st May 2016 11 am to 4 pm
Where: Cowandilla Primary School
Address: 21 Jenkins St, Cowandilla, SA, Australia
Cost: $2 per person, $5 per family
Access: Free parking is available
Other: Come in a Japanese costume to add to the fun of the festival
Volunteers, stallholders, performers and display holders are needed. Please visit the website below to apply or to find out more about the festival.
Here are some pictures from last year's event.
|Japanese festival yukata|
|Japanese festival atmosphere and fun|
|Popular Japanese festival food Takoyaki|
|Martial Arts Demonstration|
|Japanese Taiko Drumming|
|Traditional Japanese Costume|